Grand opening during the Vierdaagsefeesten with Pieter Derks
Posted: 07 July 2022, 14:29 hour
After more than 1000 nights, finally shoulder-to-shoulder again at the Vierdaagsefeesten, that is a moment to remember together. Therefore, for the first time we will organise a grand public opening on Saturday afternoon 16 July. Cabaret artist Pieter Derks will address the city, not on one, but on 17 stages simultaneously: “This is the week that this city normally holds its breath for and adjusts its heart rate to”.
What will happen?
Between 12.00 and 15.30 hours, the programme will start at various locations. At 16.00 sharp we raise our glasses, count down together and the Vierdaagsefeesten are officially opened. Your first cup is free on Saturday afternoon when you buy a drink. Per stage that participates in the opening a limited number will be made available, so be on time! From the opening moment at 16.00 hours, the new recycling cup system will start. You exchange your empty cup when you get a new drink at the bar, or you pay 50 cents sustainability surcharge. That way Nijmegen stays clean, and the cups that are handed in can be used to make new cups.
What is the opening programme?
Just as the Vierdaagsefeesten offer something for everyone throughout the week, this is also reflected in the various opening programmes of the participating venues. In a nutshell, alphabetically:
- De Kaaij (extra Bloemenregen, art & Boomshakalak Soundsystem)
- De Regenboog (dj’s, drags and dansers with Meggie and Jill Helena)
- Festival op ’t Eiland (theatre performances, art installations and free nail painting at Zaadelmakerij)
- Ganzenheuvel (Nijmeegse Annie)
- Groots in de Grotestraat (Moonspark, guest musicians, fire spitting)
- Hertogplein (interactive multifaceted covers of Suitz)
- Joris Ivensplein Oerhollands (songs of life from The Moonlights, Angelino Heesbeen)
- Koningsplein (The Reverend, music spectacle with covers on demand by The Originals)
- Mariënburgplein (blowing bubbles with Touria Benabbas of Bubbledutch, reading aloud and pavement chalking with Harmen van Straaten)
- Molenstraat (hits, interaction and show with The Euros)
- Park Kronenburg (Cincity, Philou Louzolo, Sentinel Island Disco & more)
- Ramblas (danceable and tropical mix of Querencia)
- Smaakmarkt (Drift’s Danspaleis for the young and old, J Flavia, Ralph Could Be)
- Valkhof Festival (Foxlane & special guest)
- Van Ouds (dansable funk-pop of The Dancefloor Dandies and one-man-band Johnny Smokes)
- Villa Groots Plein (Sing-along party à la pianobar with Wilco Koster)
- World Street Kitchen (persian pop with dj Radan).
What else is new? New stages and festival wristband
Besides this new joint public opening, the Vierdaagsefeesten has even more new things in store. There are no less than 6 new stages: Park Kronenburg, Bloem (from Valkhof Festival), Kelfkensbos Festival, Villa Groots Plein (In de Betouwstraat), Bloemerstraat and Ganzenheuvel. In addition, this year you can optionally purchase a festival wristband, and in a limited edition. This new wristband gives you exclusive access to a fun extra every day for just ten euros, and you can use the toilets all week long without having to pay. From ball pit disco caravan to ice cold art experience and from drag queen bingo show to intoxicating ritual: let yourself be surprised and immerse yourself in an extra party experience! Of course, our regular programme remains free of charge. The festival band programme is made possible by Nexperia from Nijmegen, the new premium partner of the Vierdaagsefeesten.
More information about all opening events of the 51st Vierdaagsefeesten can be found at vierdaagsefeesten.nl/programme or in our new app, in which you can immediately compose your own block schedule, optionally receive push notifications for the start of your favourite shows, and find a live pressure gauge on the map in case of crowds. You can buy a festival ticket at vierdaagsefeesten.nl/webshop or via the app.
First Artists Announced
The first names of the Vierdaagsefeesten 2023 have been confirmed! From 15 until 21 July we will…
The Vierdaagsefeesten App is now live!
FOMO?! Missing out on your favourite performance is history, with the program and map always at…
Full programme announced
After three years, we can finally celebrate the most beautiful seven days of the year again. Over…