What is a party without celebrating it with others? At the Vierdaagsefeesten we have got you covered: party together with one and a half million other visitors who can be found in Nijmegen these seven days.
"A freely, accessible and invaluable event for the generations of today and tomorrow"
Brand survey: best atmosphere in the Netherlands!
In the 2018 Event Brand Survey by BrandAlchemy, a large-scale public survey of the 50 largest events in the Netherlands, the Nijmegen Vierdaagsefeesten ranked highest for its atmosphere, according to the Dutch public. Visitors experienced the Vierdaagsefeesten as an active, bright, unique and friendly brand.
Visitors also ranked the Vierdaagsefeesten just below the Four Day marches among the brands surveyed. The festival also appeared in the top 5 of the strongest event brands among adults, together with the Four Day Marches, Pinkpop and SAIL Amsterdam. In the ranking for strongest recreation brands in the Province of Gelderland, the Nijmegen Vierdaagsefeesten is in the top 3, together with the Four Day Marches and Burgers’ Zoo, with a stronger brand than comparable events.
(Source: Hendrik Beerda, brand consultancy, 2019)
Facts & figures
- More than 1100 performances
- More than 4000 artists from the Netherlands and abroad
- More than 40 podiums
- 22,000 m2 of venue area: city, park, quayside and beach
- 300 extra outdoors bars
- More than 18,000 m2 of terraces
- > 165 terraces
- More than 20,000 terrace chairs
Number of visitors in 2019: 383,000 unique visitors throughout the week, jointly representing 1,625,000 visits over 7 days.
How many days do people spend at the festival?
- 25% come for 7 days
- 16% come for 6 days
- 16% come for 5 days
- 17% come for 4 days
- 12% come for 3 days
- 9% come for 2 days
- 5% come for 1 day
- Average age of visitors is 29, of which 56% women and 44% men
- Average spending €43.50 per person per day
- More than 1,250,000 litres of drinks
- More than 3500 m2 of selling sites
- Total expenditure effect of Vierdaagsefeesten: €63 million
Where do the visitors come from?
- 66% come from Nijmegen and the wider region (including North Limburg and East Brabant up to Cuijk, Grave and Arnhem)
- 20% come from the rest of Gelderland, Brabant and Limburg, Utrecht and Flevoland
- 7.5% come from Zeeland and North and South Holland
- 6.5% come from elsewhere in the Netherlands or abroad
- More than 13,000 announcements on TV, radio, in print, online and on social media
- A reach of 94.6 million readers
- A PR value of €3.3 million in seven days’ time
Click here for more information.